booting a OS in a snapshot volume in KVM

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 14:23:54 UTC 2010

I created a snapshot (LVM( backup of a guest OS.
I want to boot from this snapshot backup.
Is it possible,
I used virt-manager and options to clone the VM are greyed out on my server.

Is it possible to  create an LVM so that a swap partition and a
filesystem exist inside an LVM together as is the case when I use
virt-manager

 --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/nintendo/lvm1
  VG Name                nintendo
  LV UUID                pM9IVB-UorL-9CtJ-qRp5-wRsX-KEKm-ws5nvc
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                100.00 GiB
  Current LE             25600
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           251:1

In the above LVM which is /dev/nintendo/lvm1
both a swap and a filesystem co exist that way I do not have to create
a separate swap.
Does any one has some idea?
--
Tapas