weekly report for server setup

Boris Pavlov bpavlov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 12:16:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have setup a cluster for some one.Which is basically a few Virtual
> Machines running and the applications running in them which are
> accessible on internet.
> The host os is Ubuntu and  Vms are some ubuntu/debian and some
> Fedora/Redhat based servers.
> He has asked me to send him a weekly report of this work.
> I am sys admin guy who understands ssh,telnet,ftp,tftp,TCP
> I am not able to understand what should I write in report.Because all
> the servers are perfectly running and applications are also running on
> top of them and I am done with this.So basically from my part I do not
> have any ssh or ftp to write in a report like this.Can some one give
> me a link if there is some sample report that I should send.I am not
> able to understand what do I need to Google for the same.
> Are there any tools for doing such stuff?
>
> --
> http://mightydreams.blogspot.com

see if you can turn on snmp (and take basic precaution measures about it)
and then try something like cacti (web based grapher).

you can look at various mrtg config makers.

but this is for starter. you can then ask 'something like this' your boss,
and then decide what you will use.

edi

--
This is an PERSONAL email, sent to you,
and does not have ANYTHING to do with business,