issue with php5 abstraction in apparmor

DULMANDAKH Sukhbaatar dulmandakh at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 10:36:06 UTC 2010

Hello,

As new Ubuntu LTS version is approaching I started to think about
migrating my servers to it. To make future migrations smooth I started
playing with Lucid and testing it. As a part of it I'm creating
apparmor profile for php5-cgi. I found apparmor abstraction for php5
useful, but found two problems in it. First was just easy so I fixed
and filed a bug (#538661 )with patch. And last and bigger is path to
php5 extensions.

php5's abstraction is allowing php5 to load its extensions from
/usr/lib{64,}/php5/{libexec,extensions}/, but php5-* packages in
ubuntu install extensions in /usr/lib/php5/PHP_API_VERSION or
/usr/lib/php5/20090626+lfs in Lucid. so php5 cannot load extensions,

I was thinking about solutions to it and found three of them. First,
let's change abstraction so php5 can load extenstions from
/usr/lib/php5/**. Secone one is just change path in php5 abstraction
file to include PHP_API_VERSION, and make such change in every
release. Last one is change php5 packaging so it'll install extension
in fixed directory.

I thought it would appropriate to discuss it here and find unified
solution for Ubuntu.

--
Regards
Dulmandakh