Mail Server

Jim Tarvid tarvid at ls.net
Fri Jan 29 14:15:30 UTC 2010

I am curious. Why shouldn't a new debian/ubuntu not use tasksel mail-server?

tarvid at venus:~$ tasksel --task-packages mail-server
dovecot-imapd
procmail
dovecot-common
postfix
libpth20
libgpgme11
libmysqlclient16
mutt
libpq5
ssl-cert
mailx
bsd-mailx
dovecot-pop3d
mysql-common

Not a bad start in two minutes flat.

And why shouldn't a new user install webmin? They get a tool to explore
configuration and a path towards intimacy and awareness that can lead to
understanding. Of course, intellectual investment is required.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Emil Tullstedt <sakjur at gmail.com> wrote:

> Best Andrew!
>
> With Server 2003, do you mean Windows Server 2003 or a server from 2003?
> Ubuntu Server is not an add-on for Windows Server 2003, but an external
> server operative system.
> If you wants to setup a mailserver with Ubuntu, please look at this page
> first:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MailServer
> --
> sakjur
> Emil Tullstedt
> ~~~~~~~~~~
>

> On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Andrew Butcher <
> andrew.butcher at zambia.co.zm> wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys
>>

>> I need some help setting up mail server using ubuntu software on server
>> 2003
>>

>> --
>> Andrew Butcher
>> +260979783583/+260955202198