Reporting bugs with the Ubuntu EC2 images

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 15 04:44:23 UTC 2009

On 09/11/2009 02:03 PM, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>> Additionally, if there is some item in apport output that would show up
>> in the bug description that would identify these as coming from an ec2
>> image (like the kernel version?) we could then go back and tag these
>> appropriately.
>>
> I think there are very few bugs reported from this environment at present;
> in fact, ubuntu-bug may or may not presently be installed in the images.  If
> it isn't, we should seriously consider adding it for the benefit of improved
> bug management.  It's not large.

We should at least include it in the alpha and beta releases.
Brian/Marjo: can you check to see if it is included and if not, talk to
the Server Team to see if it is viable?

>>> Extending the above resource would be the best way to do this.
>>>
>> I'm somewhat concerned about making the ReportingBugs wiki page longer
>> than it already is and possibly discouraging people from reading it.
>>
> I defer to your judgement, then.  If there's a better place to put this
> information, please help the team to organize the instructions
> appropriately.

I think if you add a note at the end of the document it would be fine.
Anyone not on EC2 will just ignore it anyway.

     Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager