Jaunty server refuse connection on all ports after 10 min running

Laszlo Antal lzantal at gmail.com
Thu May 14 16:42:08 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I got this very weird issue and cant seem to find any solution for it.
I installed Jaunty-server from alternate cd just the basic install with only
the OpenSSH package.
After installation I installed squid2.7stable from packages and
ubuntu-desktop.

Server running for about 10 min or so and then I try to connect to the
server from an other pc on port 22 or 8080(squid)
I get the "connection refused error". I cant telnet into it on any of those
ports.

running> sudo iptables -L
shows INCOMING/OUTGOING/FORWARD ACCEPT.

running> sudo nmap -sS localhost
shows port 22/631/8080 open

I have connection to the internet on the server. The only thing comes to my
mind is that somehow the network card would
go to somekind of power save mode? Not sure how to test it.
After reboot everything works again for the same amount of time.

Thank you in advance for all your help

Sincerely

lzantal
-