Jaunty server refuse connection on all ports after 10 min running

Imre Gergely gimre at narancs.net
Thu May 14 18:23:47 UTC 2009

Laszlo Antal wrote:

> I have connection to the internet on the server. The only thing comes to
> my mind is that somehow the network card would
> go to somekind of power save mode? Not sure how to test it.
> After reboot everything works again for the same amount of time.

If you have console access to the server after it stops accepting
connections, maybe you should try a tcpdump on the interface and then
trying to connect with ssh or something, see if any packets come in.

After that maybe try an ssh to localhost from the console. How is the
network configured, from /etc/network/interfaces, or with NetworkManager
(if you say you installed ubuntu-desktop on it) ?

--
Imre Gergely
Yahoo!: gergelyimre