work around for loading qlogic fibre channel card firmware in initramfs

James Dinkel jdinkel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 17:14:07 UTC 2009

For anyone who is interested, the problem with not being able to access the
LUNs, even after getting the firmware loaded, is apparently a problem with
64-bit linux.  I tried Ubuntu, Debian, and Fedora 64-bit installs and none
of them could access the LUNs, but I did try Debian and Fedora earlier and
they must have been 32-bit installs and they could access the LUNs.  I'm
going to try reinstalling a 32-bit linux and make sure I can access the LUNs
with that and then maybe try compiling the 64-bit driver from QLogic instead
of using the built-in kernel module driver.

Brazen