Newbie JEOS question

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Sat Feb 14 16:39:44 UTC 2009

> We are just about to set up two virtual servers to replace one
> physical.
> Now running Zope, apache, haproxy, varnish, postfix, ++ on quad Xeon
> 3GHz 12 G
> ram, and often struggling during peak traffic.

I somehow doubt that virtualizing the server will help speed things
up. virtualization will always add overhead, and smp-guests certainly
imposes rather a lot of overhead. I would think the linux schedulers
(at least one of them) are probably better suited to run the load
efficiently than using separate VMs.

Just my two cents...

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 98013356
roy at karlsbakk.net
--
I all pedagogikk er det essensielt at pensum presenteres
intelligibelt. Det er en elementært imperativ for alle pedagoger å