openvz kernel wih lucid?

tom toabctl at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 10 11:34:14 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 09.12.2009, 11:44 +0100 schrieb Soren Hansen:
> On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 11:11:09AM +0100, tom wrote:
> > i use openvz with ubuntu 8.04 (LTS) on my server.  All the newer
> > releases have no openvz kernel.  Will be openvz available with ubuntu
> > 10.04 (lucid)?
>
> Very unlikely. We are, however, working on getting really good LXC (the
> container technology in the upstream linux kernel) support in Lucid.

What means "really good LXC ... support" ?
- will LXC be in main or universe?
- What about Documentation? I can not find any wikipage on
wiki.ubuntu.com or help.ubuntu.com
- what about templates? is it easy to create a new container?
- is it possible to use other distros as containers?
- is it actually possible to tryout LXC with karmic? or do i need lucid
as hostsystem?