Just an Hello

ml at johestephan.de ml at johestephan.de
Wed Aug 19 10:50:16 UTC 2009

Well the load isnt that much. The last years nagios was sattled on an Pentium III and did his work. But he will be now replaced by an dual xeon. Several outages was caused by the old maschine.
I wrote on NagiosCenter (nagcen.sourceforge.net) to be able to show the nagios output of several nagios servers which are seperated in the vlans we use. And i can tell that nagios does not waste many reesources.

Best wishes

I would be interested in what the load is on the machine running the
nagios that's monitoring all these servers ;) Just playing around with
nagios and I would like to know what hardware you need for that many
service/host monitoring.

ml at johestephan.de wrote:
> Well,
>
> i'am part of the systemadministrator group at an german research facility.
Currently there are about 120 Servers and about 600 services which are
supported for several teams of researchers (according to nagios). Mostly the
normal stuff i think, LDAP, DNS, Samba, Storage, Mysql, Mail, NIS, webspace and
ther sould be an ltsp in one rack.
> Most stations running Ubuntu LTS. 4 of the 120 Servers should be Windows i
guess, 3 of them should be Solaris. Many systems are virtuel under vmware.

--
Imre Gergely
Yahoo!: gergelyimre | ICQ#: 101510959