third party support for Ubuntu Server

James Dinkel jdinkel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 22:09:35 UTC 2008

I thought I would bring this up after reading John Pugh's email response
about Tripwire Enterprise supporting Ubuntu Server.  Basically, there are
two enterprise-y apps that I wish I could install on Ubuntu Server rather
than RedHat Enterprise Linux Server.

The two apps are: Trend Micro Interscan Messaging Security Suite (and any
other Trend Micro products for that matter) and EMC's admsnap utility for
Clariion SAN equipment.  I've mentioned my displeasure to both for their
lack of Ubuntu-love over that past couple years.  If Canonical can do any
extra, or if any community members who use this software could put in a
word, that would be awesome.

James