Anyone able to run Intrepid server?

Michael Hipp Michael at Hipp.com
Thu Oct 2 13:28:04 UTC 2008

I've tried twice now to install Intrepid server on 2 different systems. Once a
couple of weeks ago, most recently on the 9/30 daily build.

In both cases the install seems to proceed fine but it won't boot.

This most recent case (9/30 build) is on a Dell PowerEdge 600SC with a pair of
36G SCSI drives. Upon boot it drops to BusyBox saying /dev/md0 does not exist.

I typed 'exit' at the BusyBox prompt and it proceeded to boot normally. The md
devices show normal. But upon next reboot it again lands in BusyBox.

My disk layout:
   mdo: /
   md1: <swap>
   md2: /home