oVirt

James Dinkel jdinkel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 19:15:43 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 1, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Martin Hess <martinhess at mac.com> wrote:
> Given that KVM is the preferred virtualization solution and that we have
> Virtual Machine Manager to manage a single instance, is there an chance we
> will be seeing oVirt anytime soon?
> http://ovirt.org/

Nice find.  I like this.  I've been keeping my eye on a similar
project called Enomalism ( http://www.enomalism.com/ ), but ovirt
looks tantilizing in several ways over Enomalism:
1) it's backed by a more reputable company
2) the interface looks "cleaner"
3) it uses Rails ( Ruby is the only programming language I know well )

I've been sticking with VMWare Server for now, because I really need a
full-featured gui tool to manage my virtual machines remotely.  In
most cases I am very comfortable with command line, but what can I
say, VMWare has made me lazy in regards to virtual machine management.

James