Ubuntu+eBox status

Javier Uruen Val juruen at warp.es
Thu Jan 24 12:34:28 UTC 2008

Hi again,

> I'd like to have some way to easily track your progress and also become
> aware of any blockers you're encountering. Do you have this kind of
> overview somewhere on you Trac instance, or could you perhaps keep us
> updated with a status e-mail from time to time?

I'm going to create a new milestone in our track called Ubuntu Hardy. I'll
assign tickets to it and some wiki pages explaining design and changes. I'll
start with this today.

If it's fine for you I can post here the progress and most of all, I would
like to share some issues and decisions that will come up during the process.

[...]
> We removed apache 1.3 completely from Ubuntu as of Gutsy.

As you know, by my previous email, apache2 is working fine now.

[...]
> libnet-cups-perl is already in hardy. Could you upload libtree-perl to
> REVU [1] so we can get it into universe? That's the usual process adding
> new stuff to universe.

libtree-perl is already on REVU. Scott has done a first review. I've just
uploaded a new package.

[...]
> That's fine, as long as you keep our release schedule[2] in mind.
> Feature Freeze is February 14th. New features (and packages) needs to be
> in the archive by this date, so that we have a reasonable amount of time
> before release to test this and fix as many bugs as we can.

The deadline is my mind :)

[...]
> > My main concern here is not the implementation but the time frame and
> > if we'll be ready for Hardy.
>
> Well, if we're not ready, we're not ready. Any ideas for a backup plan?

Well, I'm kind of optimistic about the time frame but you never know :) If we
are not ready for the feature freeze we still would like to keep working on
this for the next release if you guys are still up for it.

[...]
> Ideally, your development team should become MOTU's so that you could
> maintain this yourselves.

Sounds good.

Cheers,

Javi