Forum Sticky Page for Ubuntu Server Team

Michael Behrens michael.behrens at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 22:27:18 UTC 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 5:02 PM, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:

> On Friday 08 February 2008 13:47, Michael Behrens wrote:
>
> > Support:
> >
> > Forums: http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7
>
> Please don't list the forums as a place to get support from the server
> team
> unless someone is actually comitted to give support there.  AFAIK there
> are
> very few developers who spend even minimal time on the forums and we
> shouldn't raise expectations of what will be available there.

The Ubuntu Server Team is not just developers though, there are operational
people as well.  I can't argue that people may not spend time on the forums
as I don't know everyone or their habits.

I can say that I do partake in the forums and help where I can, I would
certainly
commit to being an active participant in the server forum.

I do think the forums give insight into operational issues and configuration
scenarios which are or should be relevant to the server team.

Additionally, I think we need to make a distinction, that the listed support
areas are areas in which support and questions can be asked, rather than
being defined by who "owns" them.

Michael