[RFC] - Mentoring program

Nicolas Valcarcel nvalcarcel at ubuntu-pe.org
Fri Feb 8 21:46:43 UTC 2008

This idea has a +1 for me, but i want to add some comments about. The
new contributors (people who start contributing) most of the time are
exited to start helping and they want to start NOW, no after reading the
minimal documentation needed, so the mentors should limit themselves on
putting goals to their mentees, and show them where to find the
documentation about what they are trying to do, not just saying what to
do and think for them or do for them. The mentors should just be with
the mentees and help them to find his/her way, not to walk with them by
the hand.

About what Scott mentioned there should also be a policy of the mentors
to not sponsors their mentees work, first for the thing he has said, and
second because most of the time the mentors help the mentees to make the
patches/fixes so they can not recheck they mentees work thinking that
he/she has made exactly what they have been told to do and the correct
way, so there can be little errors or mischecked changes uploaded.

--
aka nxvl
Peruvian LoCo Team