Looking for users of redhat-cluster-suite on Ubuntu

Shang Wu shang at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 14 14:59:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Chris Joelly <chris-m-lists at joelly.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for tuning in that late, but found your posting today.
>
> we are setting up a 2 node cluster for use with Samba and Apache
> webserver and want to gather experiences of other Ubuntu server users
> using RHCS.
>
> As documentaion from Ubuntu is very limited and there also seems to be
> no other users using Ubuntu server with RHCS, i decided to tune in and
> maybe could provide some experiences if they are of help. By now we are
> playing around but soon the server should go to a 'limited' production
> scenario and grow with experience and clients over time...
>
> You mentioned in your posting (Fri Jul 11) that there are white papers
> available covering Apache/NFS/Samba setups? Are these white papers
> publically available? And is there other indepth information regaring
> Ubuntus RHCS packages available?
>
> thx,
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

The white paper for RHCS is not available yet at the moment. A while
ago, we had a similar discussion on the same topic, you can find more
information:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2008-July/001936.html

If you are going to setup the apache server using RHCS, here is the
bug that you should take a look at before setting it up and might save
you some time:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/redhat-cluster-suite/+bug/250847

Regards,

--