Universe/Multiverse enabled by default in ubuntu-server

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 8 23:56:41 UTC 2007

Hello,

The Universe and Multiverse repositories are enabled by default on a
fresh ubuntu-server install. This change was implemented as of Feisty
and outlined here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AlwaysEnableUniverseMultiverse.
This specification is target for desktop users.

I was wondering if that situation also applies to the server.

On one hand, a server user may be more cautious about installing
unsupported software. One the other hand, I've read and heard of lot of
users stating that they had to enable universe anyway to install some
software to make their server running.

So do you enable the universe repository on your server installs ?

--
Mathias