RCS: /etc and more

Noah Dain noahdain at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 00:28:35 UTC 2006

On 2/10/06, Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Filippo Spike Morelli wrote:
> > Actually, what about a chance to customize/define VCS at install time?
>
> Bulky, unnecessary, ugly. No.
>
> > Ideally it
> > doesnt sound too hard to implement, maybe with an .udeb?
>
> It's not too hard to implement, but I will strongly oppose it.
>
> > Or do you consider this overkill since one can always easily replace it later?
>
> Precisely. See my reply to Noah in the same thread.
>
> --
> Ivan Krstic <krstic at fas.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D

If bzr is mearly to be 'just' another rcs, then that is one thing.
However, I'm wondering if the rcs will become more integrated into the
system over time, perhaps something like redhat has with the 'redhat
network' and the various management tools that go with it, like where
one can roll back to earlier configs across servers.

That and I don't see the point to yet-another-rcs, unless there are
capablilities (planned or otherwise) within bzr that will outshine
other rcs systems.

don't get me wrong, I'm not driving a campaign here.  Mainly just
wondering why and wherezit all going sort of thing.

--
Noah Dain
"Single failures can occur for a variety of reasons that have nothing