Can record screencasts on Windows?

Tabrez Iqbal tabrez.iqbal at
Mon Oct 22 19:05:31 BST 2007

On 10/21/07, Alan Pope <alan at> wrote:
> Hi Tabrez,
> On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 22:12 +0530, Tabrez Iqbal wrote:
> > 1. Will it be okay if someone wants to make a screencast on a windows
> > machine using Free or propriety software just temporarily(say, for
> > some reason they don't have access to their GNU/Linux system)?
> I think that's acceptable, yes.

Good, I don't have to waste this week in that case, waiting for my GNU/Linux

> Can somebody else record the audio if a script is provided and send it
> > back to the person who can merge it with the video?
> >
> I'd happily do that. Either the creator of the video could do the merge
> or I could do it. I don't mind getting submissions in the form of a
> separate video and audio for two people which I can mix together pretty
> easily. So long as the timing is right (i.e. the duration of the audio
> file matches the duration of the video file) it's pretty easy.

Great! I am willing to do everything except for the audio part. I will
create an initial plan for a screencast(Virtual Box?) and will post it here
or on the wiki for suggestions. Will record it afterwards.

> A Suggestion: How about including a link to the subtitle file(when
> > available) directly every screencast post?
> I try to do that whenever I note the "Translation Status" page on the
> wiki has been updated. If anyone spots any missing, just poke me and
> I'll update it.
> Cheers,
> Al.

All the posts correctly link to their subtitle files except the post
"Installing Applications" - AFAICS.
subtitle file:

I am subscribed to Ubuntu Screencasts(U-S) through Miro player but the last
screencast that I received in it was "Connecting to Printers."  Two more
screencasts released since then I had to download manually from the website.
If anyone else is subscribed to U-S in Miro, can they confirm if the feed is
working properly?

Tabrez Iqbal
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking." -- Dr.
Gregory House(House MD)