MRE request for HAProxy

Lukasz Zemczak lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com
Mon Jun 27 09:34:29 UTC 2022

Hello Lucas!

Thanks for submitting the MRE. It looks decent, I'm willing to approve
it as it is.

Checking the upstream CI tests, I like it that they have so many
different tests running on Ubuntu - that's a plus for sure. But I
guess they're all running on focal, right? Do you know if they're
running any other Ubuntu versions for their various testing?
It's certainly a bit unfortunate that the autopkgtest/buildtime
testing story isn't great. I appreciate their upstream testing story
on Ubuntu, but autopkgtests give us the power to know the testing
state on the exact series and, also, whether other, dependent package
changes won't regress haproxy itself. So please continue working on
improving the ADT testing story for the future!
Is there any exploratory testing one can do in the meantime? Or do the
existing autopkgtests handle all the base testing already?

Anyway, we can always improve on the process. I'll add this exception
to the exception list now - you may proceed with preparing updates.

Best regards,