MRE request for OpenLDAP

Sergio Durigan Junior sergio.durigan at canonical.com
Thu Jun 2 21:50:50 UTC 2022

On Thursday, June 02 2022, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Hi Sergio,

Hello Steve,

> On Wed, Jun 01, 2022 at 06:01:18PM -0400, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>> Hello,
>
>> I would like to request a Microrelease Exception for the OpenLDAP
>> package in Ubuntu Jammy.  I put together a wiki page describing
>> everything I judged pertinent to the MRE here:
>
>>   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenLDAPUpdates
>
>> [ Kudos to Christian and Andreas for the feedback btw.  ]
>
>> This request comes at a good time upstream-wise: the OpenLDAP community
>> has recently revamped their release policy and the 2.5.x series is their
>> first LTS release, which is exactly what we're shipping in Jammy (this
>> was planned, of course).
>
>> I wrote a detailed summary of the tests present in the package (both
>> from upstream and dep8, as well as autopkgtests from related packages)
>> which should help mitigating concerns regarding performing microrelease
>> updates in a Ubuntu LTS release.
>
> Looking specifically at the fact that upstream is already up to .12 on their
> microreleases, and it follows our expectations for bugfix-only
> microreleases, I approve this exception.

Thanks.

> Please link this MRE page from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates
> (I unfortunately continue to be unable to log into the wiki myself).

I've updated the wiki page to reflect this approval.  Please let me know
if everything looks OK.

> Also FWIW I would be perfectly happy if this didn't use bileto since bileto
> is very much in maintenance mode.  But I won't block this on moving it to
> !bileto.

ACK.  FWIW, I have been able to use bileto a bunch of times these last
few weeks, but I understand that it sometimes is unreliable.

>> Thank you in advance for considering this request, and please let me
>> know if you need more information.  Also, I would like to know the next
>> steps in the process; I'm assuming this is going to be discussed in an
>> upcoming SRU meeting, but is there anything else I need to provide/do?
>
> MREs only require sign-off from a single member of the SRU team.

Great, thanks.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: E92F D0B3 6B14 F1F4 D8E0  EB2F 106D A1C8 C3CB BF14