MRE request for OpenLDAP

Sergio Durigan Junior sergio.durigan at canonical.com
Wed Jun 1 22:01:18 UTC 2022

Hello,

I would like to request a Microrelease Exception for the OpenLDAP
package in Ubuntu Jammy.  I put together a wiki page describing
everything I judged pertinent to the MRE here:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenLDAPUpdates

[ Kudos to Christian and Andreas for the feedback btw.  ]

This request comes at a good time upstream-wise: the OpenLDAP community
has recently revamped their release policy and the 2.5.x series is their
first LTS release, which is exactly what we're shipping in Jammy (this
was planned, of course).

I wrote a detailed summary of the tests present in the package (both
from upstream and dep8, as well as autopkgtests from related packages)
which should help mitigating concerns regarding performing microrelease
updates in a Ubuntu LTS release.

Thank you in advance for considering this request, and please let me
know if you need more information.  Also, I would like to know the next
steps in the process; I'm assuming this is going to be discussed in an
upcoming SRU meeting, but is there anything else I need to provide/do?

Thanks,

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: E92F D0B3 6B14 F1F4 D8E0  EB2F 106D A1C8 C3CB BF14