Ubuntu Meta-Release & Meta-Release-LTS

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Sat Apr 14 01:07:21 UTC 2018

On Sun, Apr 08, 2018 at 10:45:37PM -0700, Triston Line wrote:
> Hi Ubuntu Release Team,

> I'm setting up a local mirror to support upgrading using the mirror and I
> haven't been able to test upgrading yet due to the
> changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-relase and meta-release-lts files haven't been
> updated to include Ubuntu 18.04. Thank you if I've missed a memo or
> overlooked any research results that would explain the delay in the file
> update.

These files are updated only with the list of stable releases.
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release can be expected to be updated
after 18.04 GA near the end of this month, and
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release-lts can be expected to be updated
after the 18.04.1 point release in July.

> PS
> Yes I've tried do-release-upgrade -d without success, if I may have missed
> something I'd love to hear it as I'm only network engineer, not a full time
> systems administrator. Thanks, again.

This is the expected method for testing upgrades to pre-release versions of
Ubuntu, using http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release-development and
http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/meta-release-lts-development.  It is generally
known to be working.  You don't say here what issue you encountered with
this command, but that's where you'll need to look at debugging.