Archive Admin zesty cleanup requests

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 31 19:10:26 UTC 2017

I believe we're at the point in the release cycle for some archive
admin cleanup. I noticed that some bugs from 16.10 weren't handled so
I'm listing those below, and some specific 17.04 requests.

New packages for 17.04
----------------------------------
1) switcheroo-control
Small package needed for a GNOME 3.24 feature. Sorry it wasn't
uploaded before FF but I didn't know it was needed
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1671828

2) retro-gtk and gnome-games-app
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1669687
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1669688
Not as important but still nice to have.

While I want Ubuntu GNOME 17.04 to include switcheroo-control by
default, gnome-games-app and retro-gtk will not be in the default
install.

Cleanup from 16.10
----------------------------
1) Move mame and gnome-video-arcade from multiverse to universe
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1601953

2) Same for chocolate-doom
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1584359

3) Remove hildon-control-panel-l10n
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1613174

4) Remove libgrip
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1623858

5) Remove wine-mono0.0.8 and wine-gecko2.21
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1628116
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1628115

Cleanup from 17.04
----------------------------
1) Demote gconf, mdbtools and related packages to universe
http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches.html
Some discussion at https://launchpad.net/bugs/1667195

2) Remove openjpeg (and krita/arm64 and krita/armhf)
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1626220

3) Remove pywebkitgtk
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1677048

More at