zesty: exfat-utils no longer installed by default

Adam Conrad adconrad at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 29 23:01:50 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 06:51:02PM -0400, Jeremy Bicha wrote:
> During the zesty development cycle, udisks2 gained a recommends on
> exfat-utils (synced from Debian). Because the Main Inclusion Request
> for exfat-utils wasn't processed in time, that recommends has now been
> dropped to a suggests for zesty. I'm emailing this list to notify
> Ubuntu flavors since most flavors are able to include universe
> packages like this one.

So, I saw that upload and, indeed, accepted it as the path of least
resistance, but I'm also asking around as to what fell down with the
exfat-utils MIR.  Given that all testing this cycle probably had
that package installed, it would be better if the MIR could be done,
if there's time.  That said, we might have to live with the current
situation if there's not enough bandwidth to process the request (or
if the MIR fails).

... Adam