16.04.2 delayed until Feb 2 for HWE polish

Leann Ogasawara leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Tue Jan 31 19:17:24 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 1:40 PM, Adam Conrad <adconrad at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Due to some parts of the HWE stack still being in flux, the 16.04.2
> release will be pushed back to Feb 2.  Don't take that as an excuse
> to shove more things in last-minute, but if you did have one or two
> critical bugfixes that weren't going to make it in time, it wouldn't
> hurt to throw those at the xenial queue ASAP, so we can evaluate if
> they might be able to slip in with the rest of the bits.

Hi Adam (and the Release Team),

We would like to formally request an extension for 16.04.2's release.  We
have just identified a serious boot regression on arm64.  The resolution
looks to require landing changes to the kernel, flash-kernel, and possibly
d-i.  While we can likely physically get those changes into the archive in
time for the release, there would be next to no time to test this nor
provide appropriate regression testing on other platforms. We would be much
more comfortable giving that some proper testing before releasing and
therefore would like to request an additional extension for the point
release date.  Thoughts?  We will honor whatever guidance we receive from
you.

Thanks,
Leann