Replacing early milestones.

flocculant flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Fri Jan 27 12:22:15 UTC 2017

Is it possible to create some method that allows a flavour release team
to stop only it's daily builds - meaning an end to the current hoohaa we
have to get someone from a milestone to take the initiative. Again -
this seems to just be the same 3 or so flavours (generally that being
Lubuntu, Mate and Xubuntu and Studio once) putting in the effort to run
them for everyone who wants to take part. In fact it's one of the
reasons why I argue for Xubuntu NOT to take part in the early
milestones, not withstanding that I see no particular gain for us from
them that early anyway.

It has certainly of late always been a last minute - 'oh is anyone doing
this milestone' from some flavour, let's all run around trying to catch
up on something everyone should be aware of.

I'm not sure of the intricacies involved in stopping a flavour's build -
other than I assume it to be stopping them on a cron somewhere. It is
entirely likely that there are parts of the procedure which makes this
difficult to accomplish.

If this is possible then I can only imagine it making things easier for
all involved. I know there have been times when it would have made sense
for us to stop building for a day in order for us to test something
specific.

That said I wouldn't envisage something where a flavour was constantly
stopping their builds either.

Obviously once the Final Beta of a cycle is reached and Ubuntu join in,
then it's an all in end to of the development cycle.

regards