proposed-migration mis-handling of numexpr, pytables

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 11 06:11:06 UTC 2015

Hello again,

Steve Langasek [2015-08-10 14:50 -0700]:
> It looks like there is a bug in the current p-m autopkgtest handling for the
> case where the latest source of the package doesn't yet have binaries built.

Fixed now with http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-release/britney/britney2-ubuntu/revision/463

This is actually quite an old bug, we've never handled this situation
very well. The above commit is still a compromise, but it now errs on
the side of caution: We now wait for a reverse dependency D to build
and run its tests before we promote a package P.
This might lead to stalling an innocent P if a broken (FTBFS)
reverse dependency D gets uploaded at the same time.

This can/should be handled by overrides if fixing D isn't appropriate
(i. e. it takes too long, and we wnat to unblock P after verifying
that D's FTBFS is not P's fault).

Thanks,

Martin