Juju SRU and QA plans

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 8 11:49:05 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 07:34:12AM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> If they aren't going to reuse the version number, why not go ahead and
> release?  Seems much simpler workflow wise and if there's a problem, they're
> bumping to a new version anyway.  Nothing says they have to advertise the new
> release until after things are all verified.

This comes down to what we mean by "release". Given that they won't
re-use the version number, we might as well say that they are doing
exactly what you suggest: they are "releasing", but just not advertising
the new "release" except to testers.

Technically, that's not any different to what they are doing right now.
It's just semantics.