Beta 1

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Sep 3 04:19:28 UTC 2013

Phil (phillw),

I was offline most of today due to the holiday in the US, so I had no idea what
your mail was about when it appeared on the -release list.  I just went back
and reviewed the #ubuntu-release backlog for today to try and figure it out.

It seems like every milestone you want assurance that everything is perfect
before asking people to test so they won't waste time on anything other than
the final.  It's really not a very productive attitude.  You've been told this
repeatedly, but it doesn't seem to stick.

You were repeatedly abusive and disrespectful in the channel of things that
were minor issues, not the release team's issue to work, etc.  Now that I've
read the channel logs, my question isn't do you owe Laney an apology, but who
else?

Simmer down and listen more.  Currently I think much of your attempts to help
are (unintientionally, I'm sure) counterproductive.

Scott K