[Linaro] Release Meeting 2012-09-28
fathi.boudra at linaro.org
Fri Sep 28 13:11:49 UTC 2012
== What was done engineering wise? ==
* Linaro 12.09 released
* Foundation for the ARMv8 OpenEmbedded porting mostly completed, with
kernel and a very minimal rootfs already available for internal
* Kernel and test components were updated for the big.LITTLE project,
based on the requirements for the 12.09 cycle.
* Substantial progress on the Debian/Ubuntu Perl and Python
multi-arch/cross-build support, with enough data to be used and
supported during the ARMv8 Debian/Ubuntu bootstrap.
* Hardware packs for Versatile Express, Origen and PandaBoard now also
include the support for UEFI, which can be selected while flashing
the image with linaro-media-tools.
* Fix crossbuild-essential package for Quantal.
* Rebuild with /usr/include working - lots of packages fixed.
* Update and upload equivs packages.
* Discover pkgbinarymangler multiarch issue.
* Wrote patches for libsepol, dpkg, libterm-readkey-perl, diffutils.
* Add big.LITTLE MP images to CI.
* big.LITTLE switcher kernel upgraded to 3.6-RC7 based kernel.
* ARMv8/aarch64 OpenEmbedded builds testing.
* UEFI packaged for Versatile Express, Origen and PandaBoard.
* Set up ARMv8/aarch64 kernel CI.
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams ==
== Summary of bugs working on by team ==
* Make CONFIG_API default for U-Boot
* Build aarch64 kernel tree in ci-loop
* hwpacks v3 lack support for special samsung settings
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
More information about the Ubuntu-release