[Unity] Release meeting 2012-09-07

Alan Pope alan.pope at canonical.com
Fri Sep 7 17:09:38 UTC 2012

On 07/09/12 16:56, Kate Stewart wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-09-07 at 14:21 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
>> == What was done engineering wise? ==
>>
>> * quantal
>>     - Fixes related to broken keybindings GSettings migration
>>
>> * precise
>>     - More geis rename work for unity, unity-2d and nux
>>     - More testing and preparations for Unity SRU-2 (planned release ASAP)
>>
>> == What's about to land that might impact the other teams and release as
>> a whole? ==
>>
>>    * Outstanding items from PS as per earlier mail from Didier:-
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2012-September/001880.html
>
> Could you please provide a summary of bug numbers that are tracking all
> of the outstanding FFE's so some of the other teams are aware of what's
> landing and when.   We're seriously overdue now on these, and some may
> not make it, so careful tracking is going to be needed.

Sure:-
1043676 - "webapps, previews and coverflow support to Unity/bamf/nux"
1043915 - "Home lens ordering"
1040313 - "Update WebApps to support Firefox "
1040259 - "libmessaging-menu transitions for quantal"
1035207 - "passwordless install of webapps (based on repo whitelist)"
1044447 - "unity-lens-photos in quantal"
1043589 - "Add support for OpenGL|ES"
1040221 - "Provide remote login options"
1042343 - "Ubuntu One integration with Q sync indicator"

> Is there an ETA when we can get a fix for:
> LP: #927168 compiz crashed with SIGSEGV in memmove() from
> drisw_update_tex_buffer() from dri_set_tex_buffer2() from
> drisw_bind_tex_image() from __glXBindTexImageEXT() from
> TfpTexture::enable() from enableFragmentOperationsAndDrawGeometry()
>
> Its showing up pretty critical on the release team radar and not on your
> list.
> http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-q-incoming-bug-tasks.html
>
> Could you look at the high/critical DX bugs on the above list, and let
> me know when they are going to be resolved?

We've spun up two maintenance squads to take care of outstanding
priority bugs in Quantal over and above the existing developers. Their
first set of tasks is your hit-list above. I'll update you next week
with progress.

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope