Rejection of libart-lgpl SRU

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 30 01:15:32 UTC 2012

On 07/29/2012 08:44 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> SRU's should be miminal changes to fix the bug in question.
>
> Of these items:
>
> +libart-lgpl (2.3.21-1ubuntu1) precise-proposed; urgency=low
> +
> +  * Use dpkg source format 3.0 (quilt).
> +  * Drop debian/patches/70_relibtoolize.patch and use dh-autoreconf instead
> +    update the build system.
> +  * Bump debhelper compat level to 9.
> +  * Stip debian/tmp/ from .install files.
> +  * Convert to multiarch. Closes: #661714 (lp: #977964)
> +  * Drop libtool .la file.
> +  * Add Vcs-* fields.
> +  * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.3.
> +  * Add symbols file for libart-2.0-2.
>
> As far as I can tell, only "Convert to multiarch." is addressing a bug.  Is
> addressing a bug.  There is 186.0 KiB of diff here and only one there's only
> three lines of code that're changed due to multiarch.
>
> For an SRU, please make it truly minimal.
>
> Scott K

I see that the already was a comment regarding this in the bug, but I
think it's worth mentioning on this mailing-list too in case anyone else
is working on similar bugs

All multi-arch changes are expected to come with the result of an
rdepends rebuild test using the new library. This is required to ensure
buildability of the archive after moving the libraries and other files
to the multi-arch path.

It sounds like the uploading for this package went a bit out of sync
with the bug report as I don't see any reply to Chris' comment (#8)
asking for the rebuild results.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer