[DX] Release meeting 2012-01-27

David Barth david.barth at canonical.com
Fri Jan 27 14:34:44 UTC 2012

== What was done engineering wise? ==

  * Multi-monitor fixes are progressing well. We are now waiting for some platform changes (see Dependencies below). There are still some outstanding bugs around which monitor, but they are algorithm tweaks and not a big deal as far as development work goes.

  * The HUD was announced this week. Work is ongoing to prepare its landing, and that includes:
   * finalizing the test suite for the HUD UI
   * integrating (and testing) the HUD for unity-2D
   * both are on track for a landing in either 5.2 next week or 5.4 before the feature freeze

  * Unity-GL|ES support landed in trunk this week.

  * Compiz missed the upload window this week. The next window is in 2 weeks, but the team will create a PPA release in the interim. while the rest of the distro components are freezing in preparation for alpha-2

  * More bug fixes as usual: https://launchpad.net/unity/+milestone/5.2.0 (31 fixes so far) and https://launchpad.net/unity-2d/+milestone/5.2.1 (3 fixes so far)

  * Ongoing work for integrating the user-acceptance test suite for unity-2d in the rest of the build infrastructure.

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==

  * Nothing this week

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==

  * We are waiting on getting RAOFs XFixes tweaks available through ubuntu either as a distro patch or upstreamed. Jason Warner is chasing this for us. Once that has landed, we will be in a good place to land the multi-launcher work.

== Blueprints ==

  * https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-p-multi-monitor (tracking items shared between DX and Desktop/Platform)
  * https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/dx-p-unity-enhancements, which is provisioned with bugs on the DX/Design radar at http://people.canonical.com/~platform/design/upstream.html

Burndown and spec completion levels:

  * For alpha-2: http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-dx-team-precise-alpha-2.html
  * Entire cycle: http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/canonical-dx-team.html

<<Anchor(rcbugs)>>

== Release targeted bugs being worked on/monitored ==

http://reports.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/kernel-bugs/reports/rls-mgr-p-tracking-bugs.html

All unity-distro-priority bugs have been fixed so far. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity-distro-priority for reference