[Desktop] Release meeting 2012-01-13
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 13 08:43:39 UTC 2012
== What was done engineering wise? ==
* Finished the new extensive pre-release testing for Unity, packages landing today. This showed that the manual testing is useful and comprehensive (we found some minor regressions) and rises our confidence in the new version.
* dnsmasq server fixes landed (part of the IPv6 robustification).
* Power usage improvements: Integrated Colin King's pm-utils script changes, fixed unnecessary wakeups in network-manager, debugged unnecessary wakeups in notify-osd, triaged/debugged some other power issues.
* Libreoffice 3.5 beta 2 landed in precise, but currently causes archive uninstallability due to missing -l10n packages. Sorting this out ASAP.
* Went through our work items, adjusted some priorities, and deferred/dropped a few. Closer to the trend line now, and enough fodder for dropping if necessary.
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
* Nothing planned right now.
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
* Help from Kubuntu team to move soprano-daemon to unixodbc would be greatly appreciated. (Bug:901638)
== Desktop Release Notes ==
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus#relnotes has the
complete cumulative release notes for precise. Changes since last week:
* LibreOffice has been updated to 3.5 beta 2. Please report any regressions that you notice.
== Alpha-2 targetted bugs ==
* Bug:790240 ''[at-spi needs demotion for precise]'': We need to flip openjdk-6/7 to the new at-spi2 adapter, blocker here is just to test whether this actually works. Once that's done, we can move the dependency and demote the rest.
* Bug:850264 ''[given a foreign architecture of i386 on amd64 machine, and an outdated libc, apt tries to remove libc-bin]'': Fixed in bzr, Michael Vogt wants to address some more issues before uploading.
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Developer (www.debian.org)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Ubuntu-release