[Ubuntu Server] Release Meeting 2012-01-12

Antonio Rosales antonio.rosales at canonical.com
Fri Jan 13 00:53:58 UTC 2012

=== What was done engineering wise? ===
* Bug 911204:  linux precise ec2 images fail to boot with kernel oops
  -debugged and patch found to resolve the issue.

* Juju charm automation testing work.

* Server automated boot and image testing.

* Good progress on ARM workload definition. Design of workload testing
and deployment current under work.

* Openstack implementation in precise and charm testing continue to be
worked.

=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ===
* EC2 Mirrors moved to S3, and currently in beta for feedback on testing.

=== Release Notes ===
 No updates.

=== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ===
* http://status.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server/release-bugs.html
   -No current critical bugs.
   -Bug of interest:
     -883988 (confirmed): db migration failing when upgrading glance -
trying to create existing tables

=== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items? ===
* 907377  linux HP ProLiant DL360 G6 has debootstrap errors during
installof Precise Alpha 1
   -Being triaged

=== Issues? ===
* We are well above our tread line for Ubuntu Server.  Thus, we are
currently evaluating our work items against our goals and determining
the correct scope to ensure high priority items are delivered. Updates
to blueprints with prioritized work items expected in the next couple of
days.

--
Antonio Rosales
Ubuntu Server & Cloud Workloads