[Desktop] Release meeting status 2011-02-17

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 17 08:10:55 UTC 2012

== What was done engineering wise? ==
 * Land new compiz bug fix version, fixes armel build.
 * Land fatrace, tool to hunt down processes which keep waking up the disk.
 * Improve cups' USB backend to now work with bidirectional mode again and get along with usblp again, which should make the stack more robust and fix some bugs.
 * Evaluate and eventually land GNOME control-center and settings-daemon 3.3.5, with the intrusive changes reverted. This allows us to benefit from the bug fixes.
 * Re-land keyboard indicator for unity-greeter.
 * Extend unity-greeter to allow screen reader and high contrast accessibility options to be activated with keyboard shortcuts, control + S and control + h respectively, same as Ubiquity.
 * Test/compare dual-head functionality on Unity, Unity2D, Mint, classic gnome, xubuntu, lubuntu. Filed and gardened bug reports as appropriate. Now we are at 56% of bug reports closed (target is 60% for precise). Most remaining bug reports are low priority issues
 * Remaining FreeRDP security problems got fixed, now in main. Remmina/FreeRDP now replace the old Vinagre/rdesktop in Ubuntu.

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==

 * Unity release got delayed due to some last-minute regressions. We agree to rather landing a good version on Monday than crowbaring it in on FF day.
 * New [[https://code.launchpad.net/~ev/apport/whoopsie/+merge/92753|Apport UI changes]] from Evan still need some work, will land in the next days. It doesn't change hooks API, mostly just UI, but it might affect e. g. the documentation team.

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==

None.

== Release targetted bugs being worked on/monitored ==

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam/ReleaseStatus#rcbugs for details.

Seems we now have a LibO patch to build on armhf, otherwise not much progress on the RC bugs this week (we did fix a ton of non-monitored ones, though).

== New Desktop Release Notes ==

None.