Follow-up to 13.04 Polish Review 2012-12-11

Didier Roche didrocks at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 12 15:03:37 UTC 2012

Le 12/12/2012 15:45, Stephen M. Webb a écrit :
> Hey guys
Hey Stephen

> (1) Backporting unredirected fullscreen windows to 12.04
>
> I discussed this with Daniel van Vugt.  He said most of the work is already in 12.04 but not enabled by default because
> of serious issues with some video cards.  He has a strategy for blacklisting the hardware and has promised to get a
> patch in shape, including the blacklisting, unredirection enablement, and some other minor related bugfixes by this
> Friday (2012-11-14).  He has no other required work assigned in this time frame so it should be doable.  This should let
> us make the target date of 2013-01-10.
Thanks a lot for those news!

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough, the 2013-01-10 is the date by which
the change needs to be in -updates theoretically (so after staging 7
days in -proposed). Seeing the amount of work still coming and we want
it to be rock solid (+  holidays), it's quite clear it won't be in
-updates by this date, but surely wanting in UNAPPROVED for being
accepted in -proposed.

Is it possible so that we fast-track it if it's in -proposed on the
2013-01-10, which is the desktop infra freeze date, so that this
important fix has a chance to be included in 12.04.2?
FYI, a primary version of the patch is already under tests into a ppa
and apart from the faulty driver that we are going to blacklist, AFAIK,
there is no regression up to now.

CCing ubuntu-release to get this coordinated.
Cheers,
Didier