Disabling whoopsie by default in the 12.04.1 release

Evan Dandrea ev at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 10 15:38:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Sebastien Bacher <seb128 at ubuntu.com> wrote:

>  Le 09/08/2012 10:22, Evan Dandrea a écrit :
>
>  This has now landed:
> http://errors.ubuntu.com
>
>  Thanks, that's a really nice improvement!

Cheers! Apologies again. This should've landed weeks ago, but was
complicated by my holidays and the python-tastypie dependency chain.

>  - The individual problem pages now have their own graph, showing the
> number of instances of the problem over time.
>
>  There is something weird there, did we change something in the system?
> I've look at some 15 bugs and they all go up from release to 05/17/12 then
> drop to 10% of what they were at this point and stay flat ... it's really
> surprised that all bugs seem to have that drop, even the ones that on
> packages that got no update.

Yes, well spotted. They all drop off on May 18th. I've started digging into
this today but do not have any solid answers yet. We don't seem to be
receiving any fewer reports.

 - These pages also have a table showing the version by version
> breakdown of instances of this problem.
>
>  Excellent, the instance by version made my day, it's an amazing
> improvement to confirm that bugs got fixed in the current version

YAY! Very glad it's helping.

>  - Brian Murray made it so that visited problem pages use a different
> link color. A small but sorely needed change.
> - You can now specify a date range for the most common problems table.
> This is a bit fiddly at the moment. I'm working on fixing it.
> - Problems that failed to retrace appear in the most common problems
> table. There appears to be an issue with the retracers at the moment.
> I'm looking into it.
>
>  Some other issues:
>
> * I can't change the "Most common problems in" combo to "the past month",
> it just gives me a "An error occurred while trying to load the most common
> problems." ... it's kind of an important issue since the "today" view is
> too narrowed to get a good picture usually

I've fixed this in trunk. I'm going to request a deployment for that today.

> * clicking on some bugs give an error page,
>
> "  Exception Type: IndexError  Exception Value:
>
> list index out of range
>
>   Exception Location: /srv/
> errors.ubuntu.com/production/errors/cassandra.py in
> get_traceback_for_bucket, line 147  ..."
>
> example, try the gnome-control-center one with 26 reports today

Yes, that's only happening to problems that have failed to retrace. I'm
looking into it.

> * did you say that fixed bugs should be colored differently in that
> version?

Not fixed bugs, but problem pages that you've already visited. I'll try to
find time this weekend to land the branch that makes problems that are
likely to be fixed (they have yet to show up in the most recent version of
the package) greyed out but still clickable.

Thanks for the work, overall that update is a great step for those using
> the site ;-)

That's grand news. Thanks for the kind words.