Disabling whoopsie by default in the 12.04.1 release

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 9 08:46:46 UTC 2012

Le 09/08/2012 10:22, Evan Dandrea a écrit :

> This has now landed:
>
> http://errors.ubuntu.com
Thanks, that's a really nice improvement!

> - The individual problem pages now have their own graph, showing the
> number of instances of the problem over time.
There is something weird there, did we change something in the system?
I've look at some 15 bugs and they all go up from release to 05/17/12
then drop to 10% of what they were at this point and stay flat ... it's
really surprised that all bugs seem to have that drop, even the ones
that on packages that got no update.

> - These pages also have a table showing the version by version
> breakdown of instances of this problem.
Excellent, the instance by version made my day, it's an amazing
improvement to confirm that bugs got fixed in the current version
> - Brian Murray made it so that visited problem pages use a different
> link color. A small but sorely needed change.
> - You can now specify a date range for the most common problems table.
> This is a bit fiddly at the moment. I'm working on fixing it.
> - Problems that failed to retrace appear in the most common problems
> table. There appears to be an issue with the retracers at the moment.
> I'm looking into it.
Some other issues:

* I can't change the "Most common problems in" combo to "the past
month", it just gives me a "An error occurred while trying to load the
most common problems." ... it's kind of an important issue since the
"today" view is too narrowed to get a good picture usually

* clicking on some bugs give an error page,

"
Exception Type: 	IndexError
Exception Value:

list index out of range

Exception Location:
/srv/errors.ubuntu.com/production/errors/cassandra.py in
get_traceback_for_bucket, line 147

..."

example, try the gnome-control-center one with 26 reports today

* did you say that fixed bugs should be colored differently in that version?

Thanks for the work, overall that update is a great step for those using
the site ;-)

Sebastien Bacher