Release Team Members: summary of plans emerging for next month

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 5 22:08:23 UTC 2012

I think this is worth highlighting:

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 09:29:09AM -0500, Kate Stewart wrote:
>     - release team to coordinate using:
>       - http://pad.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-frozen-archive
>       - explicit acknowledgement of who did review in bugs
>       - rendezvous at 1600 UTC for any discussions needed.
>       - comment in #ubuntu-release channel when
>         doing a review of a package.

To be an effective tool, it's important that release team members use the
above-mentioned etherpad page to record why they've accepted a CD-affecting
package from the freeze queue when they do so, as well as recording any
arguments for/against accepting a package in the queue (e.g., if there's a
blocking issue to be resolved before the package can be accepted, or if it
should be only conditionally accepted, this should be centrally documented
here).  In turn, before accepting packages from the queue, release team
members need to check the pad before accepting any CD-affecting packages.

While there will still be a daily sync point available for discussion on
#ubuntu-release, this should enable us to get release work done the rest of
the day while still enabling everyone on the team to have a consistent
overview of the state of the release without having to sift through
#ubuntu-release scrollback.

Hopefully this approach works for everyone :)