Release Team Members: input requested...

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 3 07:47:59 UTC 2012

Steve Langasek [2012-04-02 15:45 -0700]:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 05:59:16PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > On Monday, April 02, 2012 04:54:43 PM Kate Stewart wrote:
> > > 4/12 - Final Freeze[1] - ALL fixes should go into -proposed,  and
> > >       only copied into -release after review meeting.
>
> > In that past we've started directing uploads to -proposed to make them
> > available for SRU verification right at release.  I see some potential in
> > the end game for this new use of proposed to conflict with the old one.
> > We should sort out how that's going to work in advance.

Actually, for packages where we are not 100% sure about, the nice
thing with that is that we can have it in -proposed, test it, and at
that point still decide whether we want to copy to -updates or
release.

> Yes; furthermore, given that we have to manually approve any uploads through
> the 'unapproved' queue anyway, if it's a fix that we know up front that we
> want on the CDs and it doesn't cause archive uninstallabilities, it would be
> more straightforward to just have these packages uploaded to the release
> pocket instead of incurring the overhead of pocket copies.

I agree. Those should be the "100% sure" cases.

> The flipside is that we don't want to be having to bounce lots of packages
> back out of -release and ask people to reupload to -proposed.  So maybe this
> could be done as, "no uploads to the release pocket without prior sign-off"?

LGTM.

Thanks,

Martin