Release Team Members: input requested...

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 2 22:45:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 05:59:16PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Monday, April 02, 2012 04:54:43 PM Kate Stewart wrote:
> > 4/12 - Final Freeze[1] - ALL fixes should go into -proposed,  and
> >       only copied into -release after review meeting.

> In that past we've started directing uploads to -proposed to make them
> available for SRU verification right at release.  I see some potential in
> the end game for this new use of proposed to conflict with the old one.
> We should sort out how that's going to work in advance.

Yes; furthermore, given that we have to manually approve any uploads through
the 'unapproved' queue anyway, if it's a fix that we know up front that we
want on the CDs and it doesn't cause archive uninstallabilities, it would be
more straightforward to just have these packages uploaded to the release
pocket instead of incurring the overhead of pocket copies.

The flipside is that we don't want to be having to bounce lots of packages
back out of -release and ask people to reupload to -proposed.  So maybe this
could be done as, "no uploads to the release pocket without prior sign-off"?