[Lubuntu] Release Meeting 2011-11-18

Julien Lavergne gilir at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 18 03:43:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

=== What was done engineering wise? ===
* Work items : http://status.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-precise/group/topic-precise-flavor-lubuntu.html
* Still need more details for various work items, expect some changes until Alpha 1.
* Switch done to lightdm by default.

=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ===
Nothing.

=== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ===
Still nothing, work in progress to use rls-mgr-p-tracking instead of our wiki page.

=== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ===
We closely follow the discussion about the PAE kernel. Depending on the hardware affected, it could be big support drop for Lubuntu.

It seems that the future of powerpc will also be discussed later. We have some people interesting in this architecture, and able to test the ISO during this cycle. Depending on this discussion, we may request to add a new powerpc ISO to ISO testing.

=== Issues? ===
Not yet :)

Regards,
Julien Lavergne