Launchpad Permissions

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 25 17:36:49 BST 2010

I've been looking around at permissions in Launchpad recently and one
thing that I've discovered is that we are not using the "Release
manager" role in Launchpad isn't being used very effectively.

One ability that the Release manager role has is the ability to approve,
or decline, bug nominations for a particular release.  The way we, or
some of us, are currently able to manage nominations is due to our
membership in the ubuntu-drivers team which is the Project driver for
the series and the Project driver for Ubuntu.

Instead I propose that a release management team, if there isn't one
already, be created in Launchpad and they be made the Release manager
for each Ubuntu series when it is created.  The release management team
should likely also include Canonical Platform QA team members who have
used nominated approval as an escalation path in the past.  This would
then allow us to remove people who need to the ability to manage
nominations from the ubuntu-drivers team - which grants a lot of other
powers.

As I'm not subscribed to the list please include me in your replies.

Thanks,
--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master