[Ubuntu-QC] Laptop Ubuntu?

Michaël A. beauregard linlynx6 at yahoo.ca
Mer 3 Avr 10:05:27 UTC 2013

I think I will go with this one http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?oc=ni15ra5t_ftw7_012e&model_id=inspiron-15r-se-7520&c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1 dell usually 100% ubuntu compatible no? http://www.system76.com look great but I dont see the brands and dont see if any financing options??, dell offer financing without stress if you pay in 12 months.

The system I have at the moment is ASUS K52JR I have installed Ubuntu 12.04LTS I try to boot since I did the update and after I choose the kernel in grub menu we see an animation with white and red dot than after it flash a black screen and then nothing else happen.
I try : sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade in the console and did update-grub then reboot but on the reboot it was the same nothing change. I also tryied to modify the description of a kernel in the grub menu by hitting e I replace quiet splash by nomodeset but it result in command line login instead of graphical login. Please how to fix this? is there any command I can do in command line?
Someone suggest this but I'm not sure it will work https:/ /help.ubuntu. com/community/ HybridGraphics

Thank and have your self a nice day take care ;)

PS: Je parle très bien Français aussi ;)