I have written a draft for the Reporting Bugs guide

Peter Matulis peter.matulis at canonical.com
Wed May 10 00:31:08 UTC 2017

I find it odd how the Ubuntu help wiki suggests mailing list and/or IRC
discussions in order for something to be changed [1] since this is not
normal for a wiki. I'm guessing that newcomers completely miss this
guidance principle. Invoking the Ubuntu Code of Conduct is also
heavy-handed for a wiki.

As for the current discussion, any topic that generates this level of
passion should probably reside in the actual documentation where peer
reviews are integral to the editing process.

[1]: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WikiGuide/Communication