Showstopper bug report (17.04): WiFi not working

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Mon May 8 14:38:11 UTC 2017

On Sun, May 07, 2017 at 08:13:18PM +0200, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Magnus Määttä:
> >the other link is 404
>
> In the link:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/PACKAGE/+filebug
>
> "PACKAGE" means your particular package.

There is no indication that "PACKAGE" is a place holder or variable on
the ReportingBugs page. The same thing is true of the word "FILE" which
appears in the section "Reporting for offline systems".

I think you've gone a bit too far in removing useful material from the
previous iteration of the page.

Additionally, the purpose of hiding the Launchpad +filebug page was to
reduce the quantity of bug reports like this:

We have a limited number of developers and bug triagers and at this
point in time we don't have the capacity to engage with bug reports like
this.

--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master